How Can We Help?
Moving homes can be incredibly stressful. We would like to make that process more seamless for you and make you aware of all scenarios. This is turn will reduce the frustration and you will be in a better position to manage your connectivity requirements.
Important points to remember:
- You must provide a calendar months’ notice to cancel your existing fibre line, as each home is seen as one service, as per our FTTH Terms.
- You need to leave your Fibre ONT device at your “old” address as this remains the property of the Fibre Network Operator.
- Should the service be cancelled within the first 6 months of service, then you will be charged an early termination fee of R1500.
- If the new property does not have an existing ONT installed, then you will be required to pay for a new Fibre installation (where applicable).
- Once your new service is activated, then an activation fee is payable (where applicable).
- A new service could take 7 to 14 business days, this is in line with the Fibre Network Operator SLA.
- When moving into a new property you may find that the previous tenant has not provided notice to his/her Internet Service Provider. As a result, the Fibre Network Operator may hold onto that service until the required notice period has been served.
- RocketNet will only be able to place the order once the line has been released by the Fibre Network Operator.
- You may choose to connect your router at the new address. New PPPoE details may be required (where applicable).